HACKING & COMPUTER
ICT security gerelateerde Blog
| W13 | Weekdertien – Week one three – dedertiendedeweek
Because you will probably have paid quite a bit for your laptop it would be sensible to do all you can to ensure it is protected. There are many risks to your laptop as you move around your daily life including the possibility of theft and damage. Here are a few ideas about how you can reduce the possibility of anything interfering with your ability to get the most from your computer.
- If you often take your laptop from one place to another then you are going to have to protect it from damage and to do this you will need a good laptop bag. A good laptop bag needs to be sufficiently padded to offer protection and it also needs to be the right size.
If the bag is too big then the device can get damaged as it moves around inside; if the bag is too small then this can also lead to damage because it won’t adequately protect the device.
- Try not to buy something too fancy when choosing a laptop bag. If you have an obviously expensive bag that looks really flash then this could just attract thieves. It is best to stick to a quality laptop bag that looks a bit plain.
- Make sure that your laptop is marked in such a way that this mark cannot be removed. This means that thieves probably won’t want to take your laptop and if your laptop happens to get lost, then there is a bigger chance that you will get it back.
- Using password protection for your laptop is a good idea.
- Why not install Truecrypt? (google truecrypt!)
If you want to get the most from your laptop then you have to give it the best possible protection; the advice above will ensure that your laptop is not only protected from damage but also from becoming the target of criminals and this is just what you want.
(Thank you Cindy Hannah)